Wednesday 19 August 2015

Mid-Week Munchies!

Happy Humpday! 
Thought i'd share with you a few of my favourite meals at the moment! They're super quick, easy to prepare, delicious and gluten free!
Brekkie!

I've recently gone gluten / wheat free and so finding foods to eat at the moment is pretty tough (I haven't nearly done enough research on it all). So I popped into Waitrose the other day and went to their free from section, and found Pains Au Chocolat by Genius, they're gluten free and wheat free and still taste exactly like the real thing, plus they're only £2!

Dinner Timeeee!


Couple of my favourite dinners at the moment, one being mums classic Spaghetti Bolognese, I recently went back to Bristol for the day and of course mum likes to make sure I'm well fed before I'm off again. So this time she cooked the Bolognese with gluten free spaghetti from Asda's Free From Range, and a tomato & basil sauce from Heinz who also have a selection of gluten free products. As well as the usual mushrooms, onions & garlic!


Another of my dinner time or lunch time faves, is a little concoction of my own, I'd bought some fresh salmon pieces from Sainsbury's and couldn't decide what to do with them, so searched the fridge and raided the cupboards for inspo and decided to create a Salmon Salad. I used a bag of fresh mixed salad, chopped up half an onion, 1 pepper, some baby tomatoes & cucumber, boiled up some new baby potatoes and cooked with salmon in the oven for about 20 mins with a little oil and some garlic. I also halved a lemon and gave that a squeeze over the top, my mouth's watering just thinking about it. The whole meal took 20/30 minutes to prepare and is pretty healthy, it also looks super impressive, no?

Snacks


As much as I try not to snack, when you need a little sweet fix, my go to at the moment are the Nakd Salted Caramel Nibbles, they are literally incredible, if no one was watching I'd probably eat about 4 bags in one sitting and pretend it never happened.
If the fact that theyre salted caramel doesn't sell it to you just check out the nutritional value of these bad boys:
- ​Dairy free
- Wheat and gluten free
- Vegan friendly
- Kosher Approved
- Low in saturated fats
- Free from added sugar
- GM Free
- One of your 5 a day!
- Deliciously simple! Made with Dates (54%), Cashews (24%), Raisins (18%), Rice Flour, Salt and Natural Flavouring

(And great with a coffee)


I'm going to stop now because I've made myself really hungry, but I hope you enjoyed this little foody post! Let me know if you want actual recipes, and I'll be happy to share!
Hope you all have an ace weekend,
Love Keeks xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment